Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Saturday, May 15, 2010

Which way to Velody's House?


Were about 2 hours out of Zimba on what looked like a goat track, it felt like 10 hours, through ravine's, creek beds, and muddy wash outs. We had already visited 5 sponsor children, 1 was Claudia and Moe's (but that is a story in itself, so will have to come later) it was getting on to 4pm (dusk comes and then darkness by about 6) when off a track to the left, we see these little white arrows nailed to the trees. The second arrow said Velody, on they went up the hill, every tree containing one of the little arrows, until we got to the top of the hill and there, in such sweetness was the little drawing of a boy, and the name Velod. He was making sure I didn't miss his house! Come, come this way my sponsor...Velody lives here, they were telling me. And there he stood, with a shy smile, twinkling eyes, the sweetest little boy! He was even wearing the same shirt as in his sponsor package picture, which I have to think, may be his only shirt (especially after meeting the other children that day) When I told him how much I loved his signs, as we first sat down, he got up and ran away. Oh no, I thought! What have I said? Back Velody comes and hands me the drawing, done in carcoal from the fire I might ad, and hands it to me. I pressed it to my heart. We later noticed that the drawing had imprinted itself on my skin above my top. What could have been more precious?

I'm not going to tell the whole story yet, as It's 11:30 pm. I've been trying to get onto the mychildsponsorship.ca page and upload my blog, but can't seem to post, so wanted to get another quick one on here before I hit the sack. Yes, that's right me in bed at that time but I've been getting woke up at 4 am (thanks to Chuck the local Rooster outside my room; so haven't had much sleep this past week. Actually I'm having a hard time not seeing double!

Here are some of the ideas I have for other postings I'm thinking of, and all of these are just one day ideas:

Utanat is the Man
We got chicken (Claudia this one will before you)
Kill Chuck (the Rooster) or Chuck must die!
What more could a day offer
The return of the wayward bag / I love my bag/ reuniting with lost luggage
Donna's in bed at WHAT time?!
I will have a new camera with view finder or, Camera shooting, by guess or by golly
Fish head soup
WV makes a difference
How to make charcoal
Donna's travelling medicine show

Keep watching, they may not be here till I get back, the internet here is so slow, but boy the stories and experiences I have to tell will be worth it, even if as little long winded.



1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love to read all your stories - please do not cut your blogging short. Such an amazing experience. Reminds me of the stories Michael told after his visit to Zambia. And I know you'll love Victoria Falls.
Hang in there girl - you can sleep when you get home! Love you Sharol