Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Sunday, May 30, 2010

Write those letters

Nary a day has gone by, this past week, that we have not witnessed the waves and shouts from children we pass, whether it be within the towns or out in the far flung villages. Children have run for great distances behind the trucks, waving and calling, whether with the excitement of seeing a vehicle of some kind, or noticing the white people within, I don’t know, all I can say is how excited they are, which leads me to stress to sponsors and would-be sponsors, the importance of writing to your sponsor child/children. In days filled with much the same activities, day in and day out, the arrival of a World Vision vehicle, would be one of the most important highlights in a child’s month. I’m told, they will wait at the ends of their roads for days when they are anticipating a visit from ADP staff. So, whether it be a letter, a postcard or even just signing the cards that World Vision sends to you on behalf of the children, make the effort to acknowledge your child and brighten their world with a few words from you. I know for myself, it’s very often hard to come up with things to write about, so personally, until I get to know the child a little better, I try and teach things about Canada, and the world in general and I make sure to ask lots of questions about their lives, what they like, how they live, etc.. Until you know the realities of your sponsor child’s life, it’s hard to tell about your own, but do try, it means the world to them, I can assure you. In return you will receive more in depth letters back from them, learning more about their lives and families, especially as they grow more accustomed to writing and mature. At first your return letters may only be a simple drawing, or a few words, but as time progresses, so do the letters.
Also - be patient. If you are anything like me and wait with probably almost as much anticipation as the children, to receive your news back from them, be patient. If there is something I have learned this past week, it’s how difficult it is to get to and from some of the spots where these children live. Gathering and delivering letters and parcels over these expanded areas is beyond belief in some cases. We had a hard time visiting with just 6 families in one day in the Munkolo district, and there are hundreds of such families in hundreds of such areas and villages and countries that will be visited by World Vision ADP staff members, and I can tell you from experience, they are working long hard hours to get the job done. The wait is worth it though, as I can attest, just having received 2 letters, along with pictures and an annual report card, within the last 3 days.

No comments: