Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Thursday, December 11, 2008

Interview

The best of the day to you!
I had a telephone interview with World Vision on Monday and they have been able to get in touch with all but 1 of my references, but that should hopefully happen tomorrow. I'm feeling very positive about everything. Lots of questions that you really had to think about how to answer and of course once off the phone, you remember all the things you wanted to say, but forgot. I never did tell them that I owned and ran a retail store for 5 years ( 9/11 rather ended that!) or that I have helped my husband start and run his for 25 years. Didn't say that I have done a fair amount of traveling, especially when I had my store, as I would have to go on spring and fall buying trips and had to go to Salt Lake City to meet and set up the franchise. Or, that I looked after my folks as they aged. All things that could have helped, maybe. The lady from World Vision said I should know by Christmas if I have been accepted.
On that note I almost have enough to pay the amount to World Vision, but am short on the airfare. I thought I would be able to use my air miles points, but I don't have enough ( I need an extra 30,000 through Alaska Air) and they inform me that you can't use 1/2 points and 1/2 cash. That's hard to take. So if anyone has some air mile points they would like to donate, please get in touch! On top of all that, I had a tooth fall apart which is going to need a crown and the dentist today told me it would cost $1500.00! Can you imagine!?
On the brighter side, 2 days left till our early Christmas! We have been celebrating twice a season for the past 5 years or so, because of all the extended families and the kids working etc. So we usually have an early one about a week before hand, with all our children and grandchildren and then on Christmas Day my sisters and their families come, along with any one else we can talk into it. Always 'the more the merrier' is my motto.
Will keep everyone informed as I hear more.

No comments: