Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Thursday, January 7, 2010

Happy New Year!!

Wonderful Grandchildren & The 'gown-ups'

Hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying the first few days of the New Year.
We had 2 wonderful Christmas dinners, one on the 19th and the other on Christmas day. So incredible having all the family with us.























We also received our annual Christmas card from Nikki as well as just received a wonderful one from Fundiswa. I think you'll like the drawing she sent us, I think it's rather special.

We received the finally count of sponsors from the Starfield concert in Victoria. Fifty-Three in total. Even better than I had thought. Truly amazing. You rock, Victoria!!
Have also sent in my application for the new pilot trip, where we will be blogging while 'in country' and have just found out they have finally heard back from Zambia and that the trip will take place in May. I should hear mid January as to acceptance; so keep my in your prayers, or at least your fingers crossed for me! It will be a totally different experience from South Africa I am thinking. I hope we will get one on one time with more families, where we can sit and talk with them, find out their feelings, their needs and what has already been done to help.
When and if I go I will be needing 1 sponsor who will be following the blog, and see their child right then and there, I will need to sponsor 1 as well, and then find 5 people who will be interested in following the blog, and may hopefully become sponsors themselves. I have been trying to sell my video camera so I can put the funds towards the trip, but am now thinking that it might be a good thing to have along.
With Christmas over, the excitment died down and eveything put away for aother year, I've been feeling sort of lost. It's far to wet to get out into the gardens, so my grand daughter got a book for Christmas on how to make sock dolls and we decided that we would attempt making some for the children I will hopefully meet. I've also picked up flip-flops (which I couldn't find last year) and 3 soccer balls. Always pays to think positive, I say.
I've had the chance to volunteer at 2 more more World Vision events (the latest is Colin James!), but none are in Victoria, and it just gets to expensive to travel out of town overnight, when I'm trying to save all money for this trip. It's unfortunate, as I would have loved to have done both.
Not much else has been going on, as of late, so I will say Adieu for now.

No comments: