Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Another of my dollies given away in Malawi by my friend Kathy durring her volunteer time at the hospital
Received wonderful news today about my World Vision sponsor visits. It looks like I will be visiting Nikki on May 3rd and Fundiswa on May 4th. I may have to add an extra day (if possible to the lodging in Greytown). Velody in Kalomo's visit will be March 15th. Things are really starting to fall into place. Have also been accepted into a one day course put on by one of the local hospital that will teach me some invaluable information on treating burn victims. So many of the children fall and stumble into the open cooking fires used in these countries, that this will be a great for me to help to local nurses. I do believe one of the last things to get into place is the car rental. Having some problems figuring out what insurance to take out. Visa covers accident insurance, if you pay using your card, but say they won't cover 3rd party liability, car company says they have to, that if paying with credit card they won't! Dilemma.
I've started to haul bags of stuff into to my room to start sorting and packing (making up a med kit and such). What a job it's going to be. I have the awful feeling I will be paying to take an extra suitcase. I keep forgetting that I easily fit everything when only going for 2 weeks...now I'm going for 2 months! It's not that I will be taking many more clothes, but the extra supplies and dolls are adding up. And, there always seems to be something I'm finding that I think would be great to take and donate. Must stop!
That's all for this update, will be in touch soon.

No comments: