Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Friday, April 5, 2013

I take a lot of pride in being myself. I'm comfortable with who I am.

It was the last weekend before I was to leave for my next African Impact Project in St. Lucia South Africa and I decided I had had enough of the waiting for showers and to use the bathroom, living in close quarters with so many other people, I just needed a little break before doing it for another 2 weeks. This group was really great, I got along with everybody and it was nice to have some folks my own age to talk to, but I'm not use to having people around me 24/7 in this way, so it was time to say good-bye and have a weekend in a room on my own. I was able to locate quarters at the Maramba River Lodge in one of they're Safari Tents for a reasonable cost.

The Safari Tents offer en-suite bathrooms and mosquito nets all under thatch. These small yet well appointed tents offer the perfect compromise between budget and room facilities.


The Lodge was lovely with a deck meandering from one area to another, overlooking the Maramba River, full of water Hyacinths (sure to attract a Hippo or two). It had a lovely pool, a restaurant (breakfast was included) and bar with numerous other amenities.
It was quiet and most important - I had my own bathroom! I say quiet, but the evenings and mornings were alive with the mellifluous sounds of chirps, buzzes and squawks of all the insects, birds and frogs abounding in front of my tent and yes, hippo honks too. It was wonderful!

Helen, Chrispine and his son Morris came down from Kalomo to wish me fairwell.
I realized after arriving at the Lodge that I had left my pillow back there and asked Chrispine to drive me back over, as it was a short distance. They were thrilled that I was able to arrange from us go walk down and see the cubs. They said they had never been that close to Lions before. It was quite amazing to see the cubs stalk Morris, he was small enough to look like a tasty meal to them.

 
 
 

 

No comments: