Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Friday, April 5, 2013

What does it mean to pre-board? Do you get on before you get on?


 
It was now time to be off to my next destination, St. Lucia; travelling through crazy Jo'burg airport, where I never seem to be given enough time to change flights without a hassle. Every time it's 'Run, RUN!!! you aren't going to make it'. Always seem to make it though (knock on wood). From Jo'burg to Durban, with another change and on to Richards Bay airport, where we had to turn around and go back to Durban to catch a bus, because the airport had turned off all THE LANDING LIGHTS!!! Yes, that's correct, the airport had closed up, everyone had left and all the lights were out and here we were circling around in the sky above. Go figure; only in Africa. We hung around Durban airport for an hour or so (time to get a coffee and have a smoke) while the airlines found a bus to come and collect us and take us back up to Richards Bay. One of the airline personnel kindly called Alana to let her know I'd be a tad late getting in. It would still take another hour and a half to get there and then a further hour into St. Lucia. Everyone was in bed and asleep by the time we arrived, but my kind roomies had stayed up to welcome me.

No comments: