Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Friday, August 29, 2008

Update

A quick up-date on whats been happening.
My very good friend Bill DeGroot has set up an auction to help me out! He is auctioning off 2 tickets to the Canucks VS Oilers on Sept 23 at 7pm GM Place. The seats are at Center Ice, with awesome views. If you are interested in placing a bid on the tickets follow the link below.
http://www.facebook.com/n/?event.php&eid=23947432660
I have signed up for a Standard First Aid course, starting Sept 15th, which may come in handy on the trip. It's basic first aid, broken bones, sunstroke, etc, plus CPR. Will be nice to have the knowledge of what to do in case of an emergency, no matter where I am.
I have sold 15 t-shirts so far, plus quite a number of my bags and purses. Thank you all for your support. I'll be talking with some of the teachers at my grand daughters school soon to see if the children in her class will be allowed to take information home about the t-shirts and in return I will offer a talk to the children when I get back, about the experience. I think it would be a great learning experience for them.

No comments: