Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Thursday, November 20, 2008

Nov. letter from Nikki

I can't believe how the time has flown since I lasted posted! I am still helping my friend renovate her basement suite and we are hoping to be finally finished this weekend. We've now been at this since the end of Sept. Mainly, it has been just her and I doing the work, with a few people coming in to help with the heavy moving, electrical and such (all paid labour). We've learned to build walls, do drywalling, etc. Our favorite saying, now, is 'I am Woman!' which we shout, when we have done something that requires strength. I have been there pretty much every day and night, sometimes into the wee hours. Neither of us expected it to become such a job, but it has been a real learning experience for both of us. It's also been very frustrating at times! The house was built in 1932, so you can imagine what was inside some of the walls. It seemed every time we took something apart, it wouldn't go back the same way, wouldn't hang quite right or, anything else that could go wrong, did. We've finally got it, pretty much, the way we want. Some things didn't work out and others turned out better than we thought they would. When we're totally finished, I will post pictures on Flicker so the difference can be seen. My friend (of over 50 years) and her brother wanted to pay me something for my help ( I said no, that's what friends are for) but decided to ask them to become a sponsor for one of the 5 children I will need for the trip and they have agreed. Now I only need 4 more sponsors.
Angela and I were excited to get our newest letter, but even though Nikki mentions the picture, it wasn't in the envelope. We so hope that one day it will show up! I am so touched that he says he loves us! How wonderful is that! I sent Nikki an Atlas for Christmas and was shocked that it cost me over $30.00 to mail, to get there in time. That was more than the book cost! I guess I left it a little late, but I was waiting to find one of those Christmas cards, where you could record your message and they only just became available. Angela and I both wished him a very Merry Christmas and we also sent a card to the family which has lights in it. I sent him a similar card for Hallowe'en where the cat jumps up. I sure he will enjoy them both.
I am still waiting for World Vision to post the dates for the trip, so I can send in my application. Indonesia is now posted for Summer 09, so I am thinking South Africa probably won't happen until the fall. It will give me more of a chance to fund-raise, I suppose, but I would almost give my right arm to be going sooner. I tried doing a small craft fair a few weekends ago, with my quilts, bags, hats and of course t-shirts, but it was not very productive. It was the first year they have held this one, so not many people came. It was disappointing, but what can you do.
The reno has kept me so busy, that there's not to much else to tell. I haven't been pushing the fund-raising until I know a date, so not much to report there. Will post the pictures as soon as I can.
Bye for now.

No comments: