Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Friday, January 9, 2009

Counting Down

Well, every day brings me a little closer! World Vision will not be sending out the "packages" with info till the end of next week, I'm told, so lots of questions still unanswered for awhile. They did let me know that I should fly into Durban where they will pick me up on the 22nd, so now I can start to look into flight options. I sent off my payment to World Vision last Friday, so that is now out of the way, it's just a matter of paying for the flight. I got my first set of shots on Tuesday, Hep A & B, Typhoid and a TB test (negative, thank goodness). I will go back on Feb. 3rd and again on March 6th for more. This first lot was $160.00! I told the doctor that I was doing a volunteer trip and he didn't charge me for the Hep B which was wonderful! I wonder what the cost would have been with that? He's leaving the Malaria pills till the end and says he will also explain about what foods I should and shouldn't eat while there on the last visit. The Malaria you start taking the day you leave, for the 2 weeks in SA and then for a further 23 days when I get home. Lots of pills and injections to look forward to!
I went to one of our big second hand clothing stores yesterday and found 4 pairs of capris and a pair of cargo shorts, ranging in price from $3.00 to $5.99. What a deal! All were in great shape. Not to sure of exactly what I should be taking, clothes wise and wondering what I can bring as gifts for the children and Mother's/Grandmother's. Was also looking on line tonight at Safari packages, but again, how do I know who to trust and what is a good deal and what is not. Does anyone there in SA have any good hints for me? I can't imagine coming to SA and not going on a Safari, but it will have to be CHEAP. Help and ideas are appreciated!

No comments: