Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Wednesday, January 28, 2009

My bags are packed, I'm ready to go!


Well, not really. But could be in about 3.5 minutes! The pile keeps growing. I seem to have a bag of medications I MAY need almost as big as my clothes pile. And honestly, that's not to bad. I think I pretty well have everything I need. I went and had a really short haircut last week thinking it would be easy to keep and cool in SA, but I keep looking at myself and thinking, not so much. Maybe a little longer on the sides would be good, I like the length on top. The package from WV finally arrived by courier today! How exciting was that?! Spent most of the day reading things over, filling out forms and such. Lots of information to assimilate, but I feel there is still a lot of unanswered questions, like how many people are going, the ages etc. They have a special website for volunteers, but the password they gave me doesn't work and I can't get on. I'm hoping that maybe I will meet some of the other volunteers there. Looks like a very nice hotel where we will be staying, right on a lagoon and it has security guards and gates.
http://zinkwazilagoonlodge.co.za/
They say we will be sharing rooms, but again, I'm not sure how many to a room, etc. I had been expecting to stay in a little hostel, somewhere in downtown Durban and could just picture myself standing on a street corner at night trying to grab a smoke and being scared silly, as they say to NOT go out after dark by yourself. There is no internet hook-up at the hotel, so I won't be bothering to take the laptop. There is an internet cafe about 20km. away, that we may get to use on occasion, so I will attempt to upload pictures and such then.
The 5 children I will find sponsors for and meet are all in a newer area for WV that they have only been in since 2007. They have been helping in Nikki's area for about 7-8 years now, so it will be interesting so see the difference
made by WV's input.
According to the info, the temp. will be averaging about 27 during the day and about 19 at night. Should be pleasant, not overly hot, although I read that it is quite humid and that worries me as I'm prone to bronchitis in humid places. Happened to me twice on Kaui, so am hoping for the best.
I think the next 2 months will be the longest and slowest months I will have known for a long while. I'm impatient to get there and learn all there is to learn and see all there is to see.

No comments: