Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Friday, October 23, 2009

A Quick Update


Well, I had my first speaking engagement last Wednesday with my cousins church group. I think it went off rather well, everyone seemed interested in what is happening in South Africa and what WV is doing to help. I took my little back board display with my letters from Nikki and pictures, as well as some of the souvenirs I brought back. I spent about 2 hours with them talking and showing pictures out of my book on the trip.
A few of the ladies took gift catalogues and flyer's for the
Adrian Plass Story & Song event where I will be volunteering on the evening of Nov 6th. (author of "The Sacred Diaries of Adrian Plass" and "The Son of God is Dancing"). Adrian will be joined on-stage by his wife Bridget and singer/song-writer Glen Soderholm for a dramatic presentation designed to help bring to life their recent experiences overseas with World Vision in Bangladesh and Zambia. For more information check out the website: http://www.storyandsong.ca
I'm really excited to be volunteering at this event! It only took me 2 days to read their book 'The Son of God is Dancing' I enjoyed it so much; it humorous as well as moving.
Another event I'm going to be volunteering at is the 'Starfield' concert at the Glad Tidings Church on Nov. 30th. For info on that go to:
www.starfieldonline.com
This last Tuesday evening I met with 2 of the local volunteers I am now leading. One just got back from a WV trip to Mongolia and the other from Ecuador! Three others were unfortunately unable to make it. One of them was in Rwanda this year, which I will be most interested to hear about as that's one of the places I will be applying to travel to this coming year. It was great meeting the others and swapping stories about our adventures. WV is doing great work no matter where you go!
The new Gift Catalogue is out and I urge everyone to take advantage of this meaningful way to give gifts this coming holiday season.
https://catalogue.worldvision.ca/Gifts/Forms/Home.aspx?mc=3967650&lang=en#
All for now, everyone stay safe and go well.

Sponsor a child:
https://www.worldvision.ca/Sponsor-a-Child/Pages/SponsoraHopeChild.aspx#


No comments: