Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Happy Howl-oween


Hope everyone had a howling good time at Hallowe'en.

I had such a good time at the Adrian Plass event! I found him to be a marvelous character; character being the optimum word. You have to appreciate British humor and enjoy poking fun at yourself and the world around you, I think, to truly enjoy his humor. I'm sure there are those who are a bit more straight-laced and up-tight, who might find him slightly offensive, but more than not, most of the people there where just about rolling in the aisles with laughter. I know I certainly had tears of laughter running down my face. Glen Soderholm was the guest singer and not only sang some wonderful hymns but also threw in Bob Dylan and a few more modern songwriters tunes. We even manged to get 6 new child sponsors! How wonderful!
I'm busy getting ready for 2 craft fairs at the moment. Am hoping to raise some funds for the World Vision Gift Catalogue. We have already sent in our yearly order(s), although this year rather than pigs and chickens, we decided to stock a medical clinic. Therefore any monies raised from the craft sales can be used for animals, and I hope to find a least one sponsor. I have designed 3 new t-shirts, which I hope will be popular and have made some ornaments, lots of friendship bracelets (the extras will come to Africa with me, if I get the chance) plus silly gag gifts like Reindeer Poop, Snowman Soup, and green Grinch candy canes at $1.00 each because $1.00 will feed a child for a day.
The whole family went to the doctor's yesterday and had our H1N1 shots. Everyone was feeling a little under the weather today with slight flu like symptoms and very sore arms. But it was expected, as we had been warned that the shots would affect us that way. Starting to feel better this evening.
That's all for now; another quick update.
Sala kahle (stay well)

No comments: