Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Quick Update

Made the deposit on the 3 Projects today! OMG!! It's getting real! I went to the bank yesterday to see about a wire transfer for the payment, but we decided that it would actually be less expensive to do it through PayPal. Got on the computer this morning....quick, easy and done. Wow!
I have all my flight information, just have to say yes, but I was talking to a friend Sunday night and realized that the elections were taking place in Zambia today. Thought it might be best to wait and see how things go and make sure there are no problems. The results are suppose to be posted on Thursday, so hopefully there will be no unrest due to the outcome. I read there were a couple of incidents of violence in Lusaka, where the polls were late opening, but aside from those, all seems quiet.
I dropped off my forms at the Saanich Police station on Friday, to get a  new criminal background check, needed by WV for the children's visits. That should take about 2 weeks and then I will be able to fill in the forms for those and post them off. A 'new' World Vision volunteer, that I had the pleasure of meeting on Sat., mentioned she has a sponsor child in Kalomo! We're hoping that I might be able to visit him on her behalf, or at least take a gift with me, for him. What a coincidence that she has a child there as well!  To top all that off, my friend at the bank has decided to sponsor a child! So we are trying to get her a child that lives in either Kalomo or Umvoti, so that I might be able to visit them as well. May have to consider more time to visiting!
Last but not least, I have found a Bed and Breakfast in Greytown that sounds like it will be nice and have reserved a room there for April 30 - May 4. http://www.wheretostay.co.za/lordgrey/
It's all starting to fall into place.

No comments: