Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Saturday, October 29, 2011

Visa App sent

With the beautiful fall day that was happening on Thursday, I decided to get the car from Tom and head out to do a few errands. It was a glorious day with fall colours so vibrant it was simply amazing. The reds, golds and oranges of the trees and shrubs this year seem even more stunning than usual, especially when the sun filters through the leaves of a magnificent yellow leafed tree and shine down on to the red shrub beside it. Stunning!
I went to the bank and got the money order needed to apply for my visa entry tor Zambia, and am praying I have filled everything in right. Eighty dollars for a dual entry and then another $40.00 for Purolator Express there and back. Let's hope it's all correct, don't want to have to send it out again! Of concern is the fact I read after paying...the forms said 'you can use FedEx or UPS'; I used Purolaltor...hmmm wonder if that is a problem. Well, either way, it's done and I won't start worrying just yet.
I also toodled on down to Value Village to see if there was anything interesting, have been looking for boots and shoes to take (the Lion Encounter recommends rubber boots), so I thought at this time of year I might come across something that would be suitable; after all I found a great pair of Teva's at the beginning of the summer for $5.00. No luck, but did find a great 'hippie' skirt and a couple to t-shirts as well as a couple of pairs of Capri's to take. Shopping's done, except for the shoes and some leggings, yipee!
Also checked at Wal-Mart on the cost of new lens for my broken glasses. Amazingly enough, they are about $200.00 cheaper than what the place wanted, that broke my lens in the first place. Guess where I'll be going! Can't wait to be able to see properly again.
The family appointment at the end of the day for our annual flu shots was, of course the topper..NOT!  But we hope it will keep the nasty bugs away.
My friend Kathy, who is going to Malawi to volunteer in a hospital for a month in November; and I have been chatting back and forth (she lives back east) about medical equipment we would like to take with us for our projects. She gave me a link to a great place (and in Canada, too!) that sells the things my medical projects have on their 'wish list', and at a pretty inexpensive price. I was unsure of the quality, so emailed our daughter, who is a nurse and asked her to take a look and she responded that it all looks fine, so I have ordered 4 Stethoscopes (2 for each project), 2 blood pressure cuffs and a couple of boxes of examination gloves! Feels so good to know I will be fulfilling a few wishes. If more funds become available I will order the thermometer covers and more that they would like.
Till next time.

No comments: