Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Sunday, November 6, 2011

Awesome week

Yeah, it was pretty amazing. On Monday I went for my job interview with Donorwrxs. They use interactive, group interviews, not something I've ever done, so was a little disconcerted and unsure how their response would be. On Wednesday they called to say I had been picked for one of the positions! Wow! I'm going to be getting paid for getting people to sponsor children for World Vision, something I do for free (and LOVE to do) whenever I get the chance. Karma I guess, as the funds will go a long way to help with paying for the trip. Not sure if I will get full-time or not and the days are only 5 hours, but I shan't look a gift horse in the mouth! They sent a short quiz to do on-line, which actually was great, 'cuse they asked for answers to things I hadn't thought about how to explain, in a while, so it made me go and study my WV manual at bit better, always good to refresh yourself. Friday I will have a full day of training and then I start next Sunday. I'm really looking forward to it and if I am working with some of the people I was interviewed with, (there were 2 lots of about 12 people each) it should be a lot of fun, as there were some great folks there. Thursday I got confirmation that all my requested child sponsorship visits had been approved, which was another awesome thing, as I had been told that WV was changing it's policy abut visits and from Nov 1st on only the sponsor will be able to visit their child. See, it's worth it to be one of those people who like to be well prepared and have things in order well before time. If I hadn't asked at such an early date, I would have been turned down, and I really wanted to visit these 2 extra children for my friends. Thursday wasn't a totally special day though, as I had a dentist appointment and found out I will need to have at least one (maybe both) of my last 2 back molars pulled real soon. Ick! Walked down to get the mail that evening though, and stopped by a neigbhours and she sponsored 5 dolls! That made up for the discomfort of the dentist poking and prodding and made me all warm and fuzzy again.
All for now.

No comments: