Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Tuesday, March 6, 2012

“Don’t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive.”

These last few days are driving me crazy! I've run out of things to keep me occupied, waiting. Bags are packed, except the last big one, which is waiting for those last few objects to be thrown in (mainly my pillow, can't do without my OWN pillow) and zipped up. Amazingly enough, I got most of it in! There was still so much more I would have liked to have been able to bring with me, but so it goes. It doesn't even seem like the bags are over weight, so hopefully all will be good. I checked out the website at YVR for the place that does the bag wrapping and noticed they have tracking devices you can attach to your bags, so if they get 'lost', you can find out where they are. If they're not to expensive, I think it will be worth it to give them a try. Had all my shots last week, 4 in total, Yellow Fever, then boosters of Tetanus, Meningitis & Typhoid. Took my Dukoral on Saturday, so no 'Traveller's Diarrhea' for me! And 92 days worth of Malaria meds. Shots alone cost $340.00. Had 2 very sore arms for a few days, but no side effects. Hope the malaria meds will not be a problem, they are not the ones I've had before but as the others cost something like $5.00 each and these cost 25 cents....sooo, keep your fingers crossed.
Having a 'so-long' dinner with the sister and family at A & W on Thursday night. Decided I needed a Whistle Dog and Onion Rings before I leave. Will be catching the Pacific Coach Lines bus Sat. morning at the bottom of our street (how convenient) which will take me right across to the airport in Vancouver, all for $48.00. That's a huge savings over flying from Victoria to Van. Saving it where I can.
Will arrive in Kalomo on the 12th, so will try and let everyone know I have arrived safe and sound.

No comments: