Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Thursday, March 1, 2012

A little inspiration

African Impact Livingstone posted this message on their Facebook page. It's inspiring the difference that we can make in just one life. But really, it impacts many more, because of the difference it will make in Veronica's life. She will no longer have to be dependant on family and friends for help with the basic things in life - freeing those family and friends to be able to do other things. The amazing ripple effect!



After a volunteer was so impacted by visiting Veronica on home based care she asked if she could help her in some way. The volunteers funds made us able to purchase a new wheelchair in Lusaka (Zambian capital) and handover to Veronica and her family. Our medical community liaison officer Brave explained the donation to her and her family who were overwhelmed with the support. When asked if she had anything to say she responded with- "May God bless those who donated and those who actually made this possible over and over again. Thank you." Even when we are able to help just one person it transforms our day here at Happy Africa. Thank you to our donors and volunteers who continue to transform other peoples days here in Livingstone.

No comments: