Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Saturday, May 19, 2012

Ah, my friends, who are not on Facebook and think I have been lost in the wilds of Africa....not so! Neither was I attacked and eaten by the lions. I'm sorry I haven't added to the blog since that first update, excuses? Well...very intermittent, sporadic very, very slow and expensive Internet connections are first on the list. Like last time, I found it hard to sit down after a day and write, as well - laziness...I don't know, I think more that I had to take things in and honestly it was tiring and the last thing I really felt like doing at the end of the days was sitting at a computer. The last week I came down with what I'm sure was Bronchitis, and to tell the truth I wondered if I would make it home; I could barely walk across the airport terminals. So, I have now been home 2 weeks, spent the first week recuperating, in fact I slept through 2 full days, (and I still seem to have some inner ear troubles and feel like a head cold is coming on again) but I hope to start writing bits and pieces soon. I have managed to upload all the pictures taken during the months, although most have no captions, so may mean nothing much until I explain the stories behind them, but feel free to peruse them and send any questions you might have, before I get around to filling in the blanks. I just wanted to let you know that I am here and trying to get into the swing of things and have not forgotten anyone or their generous contributions. You'll see at the top of the blog a Thank You from the Happy Africa Foundation/African Impact for some of the extras I was able to take and donate, as well as a picture with a couple of the children from "The Haven" Orphanage in Kalomo where I took all those dolls and donated them. So for now, enjoy the pictures http://www.flickr.com/photos/28367928@N02/sets/ and I will be back with you shortly.

And enjoy this picture of my meeting with Nikki....compare to the old one on the side panel. What a change!

There are also a few video's of the lodgings etc on YouTube that you can find here.http://www.youtube.com/user/nikkissponsor?feature=watch


No comments: