Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Thursday, February 12, 2009

Getting closer

It's done!
My wonderful Bank of Montreal Rep called today and offered to become the sponsor for the last child I had! How wonderful that all 5 children now have sponsor's, plus all the new sponsor's from the other volunteer's that will be going. Imagine, if there are 10 of us going and each found 5 new sponsors, that's another 50 children that are going to be helped! And we get to visit them all. How is that going to happen in 1 week? We're suppose to visit the children during the first week and spend the next week doing the tree planting. Doesn't seem possible, but I'm sure it will happen, one way or another.
My wonderful, good-looking, charming, etc., etc., brother-in-law donated the 30,000 points I needed to get my flight through Alaska Air. What a doll!!! So I leave Vancouver on the 20th at 10:20 to Seattle, then on to Paris with a 10 hour lay-over. From there to Jo'burg and a jaunt to Durban arriving on the 22nd. I've managed to get a 4 day Safari at the end of the trip (another wonderful bonus!) so will be heading back home on the 9th and arriving back in Vancouver on the 10th.
I finally managed to get on the World Vision volunteer web-site and was sorely disappointed. I found it rather confusing to navigate (could be my age?) but was really disappointed to find there was no forum of any type, so volunteers could chat. I think it would be a really great thing for them to add, so you could get a sense of the people you would be living with for 2 weeks and who knows, maybe someone else is going to be having the same lay-over in Paris and we won't even know it. It would have been really nice to have an idea of how many are going, ages, what part of Canada they are from etc. Oh well, I will learn all that once there.
Have had my second round of shots, with no ill effects, thank goodness. Have picked up small backpacks for Nikki and his 4 brothers and sisters and have been filling them with small gifts to take. Bought some Canada/South Africa flag lapel pins to give out as small gifts to people I meet and trying to think of other ideas. I have the feeling that I will be paying extra costs for weight on the suitcase!
All for now. Thank You everyone for you support. I love you all!

No comments: