Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sorry it's been so long

Have been busy keeping up with emails in the evenings and I've just been to tired to write. But, exciting things are starting to happen. The trip to Zambia with World Vision is now set to go ahead, we will be arriving in country on May 10th. We had an on-line conference today to learn what the new web-site that we will be using for our blogging and pictures will look like and how it will function. I think I will still be able to post here as well, if you don't want to sign up for that; but it looks great and will have links to other ADP areas, with up-dates from those areas as to what WV has been accomplishing. There's already a great link to the KwaMaphumulo area (where Nikki lives) with pictures and updates of when we were there last year. Check it out here
http://www.worldvision.ca/ADP/SA/KwaMaphumulo/Pages/Updates.aspx The new website should be up and running by the end of Mar
ch, so I will post the link so everyone can check it out. I've already had my police check done, set up the appointment for any more vaccinations I will need; just need to get the flights set up, to be able to fill out the remainder of the forms.
I have also found a US based NGO going to Haiti in July, leaving out of Miami. ( The ANIR Experience
http://www.anirfoundation.org/) I sent in an application and the references they requested and have heard back and they want to set up an interview! Very exciting! This will be a re-building project in Jacmel, and where they will also be helping in an orphanage. It's a rather scary prospect, but something I really want to do! Plus if all goes well I will get to visit my very best friend who lives about 6 hours out of Miami and who I haven't actually seen face to face for about 10 years. The most worrisome part is sleeping in a tent! These old bones don't do well sleeping on the ground! The cost will be around another $3000.00 US plus flight costs, so more fund-raising to do! If you'd like to donate, pleased do, or I've made up new fund-raising t-shirts for the Haiti trip which you can see here. Cost is $10.00 plus any shipping and can be paid through the chip-in widget. Xlrg to Children's are available. Any help will be greatly appreciated and you will know that the $3000.00 is going towards buying the supplies needed to do the re-building. So please pass on the pictures of the t-shirts, costs etc. to anyone and everyone you know.We have to bring our own tents and such, so not much will be going to look after our comfort! Will be keeping you posted on how this trip is progressing, as well.
Will try and keep in better c
ontact and with more info. All for now.

No comments: