Dollies for Tanzania

Dollies for Tanzania
newest Dollies

How it works

I am in the process of making dollies to take to the children I will be meeting on the World Vision Tanzania Volunteer Trip in September 2016. I’m asking friends to ‘sponsor’ a dolly for $20.00.
The doll’s are hand made by me, some will have embroidered faces and, as we will be visiting some Muslim communities I have also been making what I hope are appropriate dolls for the Muslim children.
They not only have a heart to show we care, but proudly display a Canadian flag on the back.
How it works -
If you would like to participate by ‘sponsoring’ a dolly, or even just making a donation, you can e-transfer the money to me through your bank or donate through the PayPal button located on my blog at :http://mymissionsa.blogspot.ca/
If you wish you can let me know which type of doll you’d like and if you prefer a boy or a girl. If you would like, I can attach a small gift card where I will be able to write a short message from you to the child.
I can also email you a picture or pictures of your dolls if you wish.
Thank-you in advance or your support.

Dollies for Tanzania







Saturday, December 31, 2011

Hello 2012 !!



WOW! It's hard to believe that 2011 is almost over! But, of course, that means that the trip is getting closer, and my excitement is building. It's been interesting keeping track of the projects via the Facebook pages and reading about what's been happening at the different ones. African Impact has also been posting links to some of the different volunteers blogs, which have been really great to read, as I'm starting to feel a lot more comfortable and feel I'm gaining some valuable insights. Seeing pictures of the different projects and how they have been working and what the volunteers are doing in the off hours has been an added bonus.

My work with/for Donorworxs is now finished and although I didn't feel overly receptive to their ideas of how to attract child sponsors, I will say, they did a bang up job of getting 5000 children sponsored over the Christmas campaign and enabled me to earn some much needed cash to put towards the trip. What would be a real blessing now, would be the ability to find another job like it, that would last till just before I leave. Having extra cash in the bank would certainly make me feel a lot more secure.
The whole crew:
Top to botom: grand son Jordan & girlfriend Krisity,
son Justin, daughter Vanessa, husband George,
grandson Logan, Tom
grand daughter Angela, son-in-law Rob,
daughter Kerrie & grand son Tobin, myself, grandson Jayden, daughter Jennifer & grand daughter Aria.
Christmas was a wonderful time here, with 2 family dinners, our early Italian dinner with the kids and grand kids, and then Christmas day spent with the extended family, although one of my sisters decided not to come this year. She always tries to find an excuse, this year it worked out in her favour, not ours. We missed having her here. The grand kids received gift cards from the World Vision gift catalogue and seemed pleased to have them. Never to early to start teaching about the meaning of giving. The great nephews got to give dollies in their names, for me to pass on to children in Zambia. Hard to say how they REALLY felt about it, but I think they liked the idea. I have to give thanks to my grand daughter Angela, without whom I don't think I would have managed either dinner. Work took a lot out of me, not being use to it, especially the standing for 5 - 7 hours a day; so I was pretty tired when I would get home (I know, what a wimp, say all you hard working people). I also somehow managed to get a really severe infection on my right index finger, which consequently had me not handling knives to well, and so, I managed to take quite the hunk out of my left thumb! I'm still taking antibiotics for the finger (2 weeks now), but the thumb is almost healed. I usually don't pay much attention to small scrapes and cuts, just wash 'em out, and put a bandage on it, if that's even needed. I tell you though, I'm certainly going to be a lot more careful from now on! I think I could have lost the finger if it had got much worse.

I had my first visit with my travel doctor on Wednesday, just to get started and had him give me any prescriptions I would need for the trip, which would be covered by my medical, before the end of the year. Bit of a cheat, but I'll save money any way I can! Next appointment is not until Feb. Was happy to hear I will only need 3 booster shots and my Malarone (for Malaria). Not needing all the extra vaccinations will hopefully offset the extra Malarone I'll be needing. If I remember, it's none to cheap.
My friend Kathy, from the Zambia trip has been volunteering as a nurse at a hospital in Malawi for the past month. I had sent her some of my dollies to take with her for the children and she posted a couple of pictures on her blog.

http://steeplearningcurvemalawi.weebly.com/

 

From my family to yours - we wish you every happiness and every success in 2012.
''When we are motivated by goals that have deep meaning, by dreams that need completion, by pure love that needs expressing, then we truly live life.'' ~ Greg Anderson

No comments: